RAISING TEENAGERS IN A RIGHT WAY
Teenage period is a very crucial period in one’s life. Peer pressure, huge expectations, seeking for independence, relationships, social life, time management, addictions sum up their 13- 19 years of age. They are generally indecisive, one moment they are interested in some sports, activity in their school and after being exposed they go through roller coaster ride of emotions which is very challenging. They work continuously to develop their personality and fight a silent battle which nobody knows about. They are constantly looking for identity which leads them into conflict when things are overlooked unintentionally. Teenagers need more care and understanding from their parents than infants.o new social situations their interest gradually changes. After the age of 12, parental support and guidance is a must for a child to stop him from going to the wrong path.
- Before raising them, raise yourself first:Your children look up to you. Actions speak louder than words. Your behavior is critical is helping teens to adopt good morals and ethical standards. Be a role model from early days, they will be less inclined to settle on bad choices in their rebellious youngster years.
- Be a good friend:Don’t act bossy all the time. Earn their trust so that if they have any problem they approach you first for any advice. Be a good listener and assure them that you are there for them through good and bad times, just like a friend. Tell them it’s okay to make mistakes and guide them to be a better version of themselves every day.
3.give them responsibilities: Give them some responsible tasks and duties. Handle them the money and give them the responsibility to manage the house. Responsibilities will put them on the right track.
- Make some rules and guidelines in advance: Make rules from an early age so that your child adapt to it from the beginning and there is no conflict when they enter their teenage years.
- Make them stay away from harmful addiction by giving them proper knowledge and its consequences for an early age:If you find that your child is involved in drugs then punishing him won’t help because he isn’t a child anymore.go to the roots of the problem. Identify the reason for him being involved in drugs. Stay positive and try to solve the problem due to which your child is using drugs. Stay positive and engage your child in other positive things which will keep him away from harmful addictions. If necessary consult a psychologist cause sometimes teenagers can’t be understood by you, they a proper counseling session.
- Don’t ignore their change in behavior: They must be going through something crucial. Be a helping hand and a good listener. Teenage depression is very common and it’s not visible always and change in behavior is a symptom of it.
8.Feed them right:In this age, they are not just developing physically but also mentally. They need a balanced diet to help them nourish properly. Get them in a habit of eating healthy foods and staying away from junk food as much as possible.